March 16, 2011

Spring Break

This is an odd spring break week for us. Garrett is with the church at North Padre of a few days and Blair leaves Monday for South Padre with a big group of friends. I know.....yes.... we are letting her go....she is 19.... and needs to make her way....make choices for herself. Her daddy has had a hard time with this whole thing, he has wrestled and prayed and thought. He has talked with her and prayed for her. I know she knows he loves her, just not sure if she realizes just how much he loves her.

I have been to South Padre as a young college girl and I know too much. When I was her age, all  I could think about was the fun.Never thought I shouldn't be going. I had my Jesus volume on mute. We jumped on a plane in Lubbock, got a car from my dad's office in Harlingen and we were off to our fancy condo for Spring Break. I have stories that I am not sure I would like to share now. My stories, my mistakes, my growing up, my finding my way.... and finally turning up my Jesus volume. I hated the guilt and conviction,so I just turned it on mute and ignored it for a few years and did my thing. Oh how I wish I had done more of God's thing. Oh how I wish I cold take back the times I made a fool of myself and relive that part of my life as His thing not my thing...... sorry I am really about to ramble on  a whole other subject so.....back to spring break......
As a mother it is not so fun, not so exciting, I know too much, I know what goes on. I would like to put Blair in a bubble and never let her out. Can't do that. I will put her in God's bubble this week and Trust and pray.
This is a hard time to be a parent, not sure if I like being grown up.

family trip at padre and somehow I am pretty sure this is not that kind of trip.

The day her daddy was finally able to give her his thoughts ---a very good talk-- with great advise and most of all love.
Be praying for all of us.... might be a long week.
Gar will be back Monday night and I think we just might go to Gruver.

Wrote this early in the week, I am making it just fine and yes we are leaving for Gruver in the morning and yes Blair is doing just fine!

1 comment:

  1. Our punishment for being naughty as teenagers is the worry we have as parents of teenagers. If we had followed all the rules, we wouldn't even know the scary situations they could get into!

    ReplyDelete