March 13, 2011

Just in case you are wondering about my lil plant......

I was excited to get to Church today to see how the lil bean plant had faired with a week of darkness.
Pretty faded and pretty thirsty.  I thinks this was a great example of what can happen to us if we neglect our walk with God. We have to water our souls, nurture our relationship with Him. I  thought the plant would look worse, but really isn't that what happens, we fade ever so slightly. We miss a week of church, one turns to two and  before you know it is has been a year. We forget to pray, to ask or include God in our plans. The bible stays shut from one Sunday School lesson to the next, we forge our own way. Ever so slighty we droop. We make one compromise and then another. I have been there, seasons of drought and hopelessness, seasons of doing it my way, times I did not want to listen to Gods word.   Now I like to think I am at a good place and there is peace here. I can assure you there is no greater high or greater sense of peace than that of  knowing and  trusting in Jesus.

This was part of my blog Jan 16th the day I studied this lesson and the day I planted the bean:
So as I ramble to all of you and surely make no sense whatsoever. What I saw this morning was that I do not want to be the person that hears the word and has no root, the person that lets the enemy snatch it from my heart or lets the world choke me out, and lets fear and doubt rule my life. I want to bear good fruit, to be fruitful and to really trust Him. To hear his word, to trust it and to have great faith.

The little plant came home with me today, it is sitting in the kitchen window all watered up and happy.I have a feeling in a few days it will look better, it does have strong roots. The thing is.... we are going to make mistakes...we are going to mess up, the awesome thing is that we are forgiven and we are loved. When we ask the lord to be our Saviour and we trust in Him, we get that peace, that assurance.

I am glad to have my little reminder back with me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment