April 28, 2011

I admit it. Yes I am a kid person

and to be honest so is most of my family. We love babies and kids of all shapes and sizes. We center activities around the kids. We have sat in mom's living room and watched unborn babies in tummies kick and move. We have watched lil babies learn to roll over, to crawl and to walk. We have watched toddlers throw fits and do the shaky shaky. We cheer and clap, and cheer and clap some more. They just do something ordinary and to us it is special. They get their moment of feeling important, of feeling special.
Here are a few ones I remember of our kids:
Blake was so pretty and so cute we loved whatever he did. He would preach from the brick fireplace, he danced. Really whatever he did we loved.
I loved to have the girls Ryan and Heather do their little Razzle Dazzle Boom Boom Boom cheer.
JC sang  ---I got friends in low places, he played his guitar and performed dumb and dumber over and over.
My kids loved to be introduced. We would say " Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls.....Introducing the cutest kids from Josephine,Texas ......Blair and Garrett. They would run down the hall and we would all clap and cheer. Mad and Vic loved this too. They all  like running into a room full of people, with all eyes for them.  They would do it over and over and over......... Ladies and Gentlemen......

So, I think kids feel this. They know we value them, we love them, we want them to feel special, we are proud of them.  So here you have it----my thought for the day. Go love on a kid, any kid. The one in the line at Walmart or on the bleachers at the ballgame. Give them a moment of your time. A smile, a kind word, a sweet pat on the back. You never know how it might make them feel. They might not ever get to be the center of attention.

Rambling....I know.....I have been thinking about little Stella getting ready to join this world. She is already loved and we are all so excited. Little Allie comes into mom's and knows it is a place of joy. I saddens my heart to think of all the little people that do not get to feel this. So the next time an annoying teenager or goofy random kid is getting on your very last nerve.Try to show them some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment