January 7, 2011

My 25 Random Things that I never posted

My 25 things list that I never posted to Facebook, only emailed to a few of you. This is from at least a year and a half or more---I said Gar was almost as tall as me and he is much taller than me now.

  1. I love to play jokes on people- April Fool’s day is one my favorite days. Clay, however, does not think it is funny anymore. I feel like I am continuing on in the tradition of Mamaw Helen.
  2. I do not like caller id as it makes it harder for me to do fully utilize April Fool’s day.
  3. I have a stuffed rat. He is so much fun and has brought me so many laughs. I just wish I would have filmed some of pranks I have pulled with him. I could be on America’s Funniest videos..
  4. I love Clay Barkley- we talk fight as Brock says, but we love each other and are very happy.
  5. I think it is funny when people fall down (oops another Mamaw Helen thing)
  6. I live in the same town I grew up in. I couldn’t wait to leave -- I hated it as a teenager and wanted the big city, big money, etc. I would never have believed someone if they had told me I would be raising my family in Josephine. Funny how things turn out, but I am so thankful and so content.
  7. Blair is taller than me and Garrett is almost there.
  8. I love being their mom and I love my kids.
  9. I love being an aunt and I love all my nieces and nephews. (and little cousins)
  10. I have a hard time realizing they are grown up and I know I drive them nutty reminiscing about the past and telling them what they did when they were little. I tried to make Blake do the Easter egg hunt when he was in 8th grade and even wanted him to go under the chicken limbo. I could watch JC do Dumb and Dumber over and over again…… see I still am talking about it.
  11. I love to take family photos and line everyone up by age.  I get bossy trying to get the right pose. This also drives the nieces and nephews nuts. But…they do it for me and then want to look at the photos later.
  12. I was a horrible sister to Tammy growing up, I was so mean to her, tried to make her cry on purpose. I am so glad she loves me and I hope she has forgiven me. She is my true friend and a great sister.
  13. I love my mom and daddy.I  talk to mother sometimes 3-4 times a day. I am so thankful Clay loves them to and understands this.
  14. I really am not an animal person.
  15. I love babies, all kids and old people.
  16. I like to work ---always have enjoyed what I do and have made great friends.
  17. I am not good at keeping up with friends and making plans- --I go with the flow, fly by the seat of my pants, make last minute plans way too much. I am good if someone else plans it or calls and says let do this, I am just not good at getting it going.
  18. I played hard as a kid. We had playhouses in the tree, loved hide and go seek, rode my bike all over town, played dress shop in my room and Ms. America out by the pool.
  19. I love the sun, the beach and reading.
  20.  I love Jesus.
  21. I can’t remember words to songs and say the wrong words at the wrong time. Thanks goodness for Tammy she corrects me and laughs at me.
  22. I love listening to my Jesus music in the car all by myself and love old Hymns.
  23. I loved Willie, even though she was sometimes mean to me  and loved Tammy more.  I wish I could talk to her now,I would  pay attention to her stories and I would ask a lot of questions. I do no think I really understood prejudice and how her life was as a black woman. I wanted to wash her black off.
  24.  I always wanted to be a wife and mother.
  25. If I could have a do-over and change things in my life ---- I don’t think I would. I think all things have happened for a reason and they bring us to where we are. I take comfort in the fact that God Loves me and forgives me. I hope I can grow from the mistakes and try to perfect the good.

1 comment:

  1. Love the list! I don't think I would do anything over either... well maybe I would have saved more money in my twenties, when I thought I had all the time in the world.

    ReplyDelete