April 30, 2011

My Mamaw's Would Be Proud Of Me

Both of Mamaw's were excellent cooks and could make a meal out of anything. I am not talking about fancy, looks perfect on the plate food, I am talking good old fashioned eating.
This has become a little challenge for me and I have created lots of great dishes with a little of this and a little of that. I can cook! Waste not want not. In their day and time they did not waste a thing.
So here was my creative, stretch your dollar, waste not menu this week.
Tuesday: Red beans in the crock pot with left over Easter ham, smoked sausage, jiffy cornbread and  delicious chow chow
Wednesday: Red Beans, mac and tomatoes, left over cornbread
Thursday: Goulash with mac and tomatoes, red beans. I added  corn, hamburger meat. A little of this and a little of that and it was yummy.....that is if you like good ole cooking!.


Delish for a few meals, but really I have had enough. Today my fat dogs will get a good treat. I know it is not good for them....... but.....waste not want not!!!
Just another quick thought. How many cool whip containers, butter tubs, and pieces of foil
does a household really need!

2 comments:

  1. Brigi! If you have any cool whip containers (it is a chemical, don't put it in your precious body!) butter tubs (it is not real! buy the sticks!) or used foil, tell me now, I am coming to save you and clean out your cabinets!

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i will say! wish i could just whip up some food like you do...i don't have that throw it all together and my family love it gene!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete