March 7, 2011

Crop and more


Don't you just love the tool--- crop photo. I have been using it lately. I am really feeling self conscious of my weight gain. When I look at photos, I just see how fluffy I have gotten. I see my smile and my happiness but then there is the fluff.  Well..... no more. I can just take out the bad and  Waaa..Laa... a much cuter slimmer me.
I really think this is my jacket not my belly!

Life is not this easy. We can't "crop " out all the things we do not like.  Truth is.... I am fluffy, a little fat.These photos reflect me, the me the last few months. I have to work to get rid of what  I do not like, fix the problem, not fix the photos.
This has made me think....oh no.....here I go... Our society is so used to instant gratification. Fast results, quick responses, text messages, Internet at our fingertips. We move money, crop photos, book trips, delete friends, go from in a relationship to single in a click. Life... real life is not that easy, not that fast. Losing weight, getting in shape, making friends, mending relationships, communicating, making money....All of this takes time, effort,energy, commitment.
So as great as a click ... or a crop app.....or the delete button is ... real life is not this easy.

I was facebook deleted a few months ago. Poof.... Brigitte, Clay, Gar and Blair. We were all gone.... as if we never existed....really ...
I understand that everyone is not going to like us. I understand the whole facebook privacy thing. I do get this. I understand if you don't want to talk to me or for me to know your business... but really as a society what does this teach.  "Ok Billy Jo now if someone pisses you off or you don't like them, just hit this button and poof...they will go away.
I know I am being a extreme. But really think about it. I heard over and over.
 Do unto others as you want them to do to you.
Kill them with kindness.
Work it out.
Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me!
BE Nice Brigitte.
Think before you speak
Anyway enough of that .... didn't I start this with crop!
Yes and I should have cropped the nose picking man out of this photo, that would be ok right!

1 comment:

  1. Love this - it's just so true! Heck, I can't even remember what it was like before Google. Back when, if you wanted the answer to a question, you had to go look it up in a book. In some ways, this changing world is a good thing. But in some ways... I think we're getting farther and farther away from the lives God intended for us.

    ReplyDelete