February 24, 2011

Brigilicious Delish

It is no secret that I enjoy cooking. Blair will be home tomorrow afternoon and both of these recipes taste better the next day. Brigilicious Delish even if I say so myself!  Southern Living has has a new recipe this month, pound cake with strawberry glaze swirled in the middle. Can't wait to try it  Pound cake meets strawberry cake.Yummy!
 I started weight watchers this week and well.... neither Clay nor I could resist warm cake. I have extra points and one piece won't hurt, that is if I can stop at one piece.

Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Brigitte Barkley
1 ½ cups butter softened
1 8 oz softened cream cheese
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy, gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs one at a time.
Combine flour and salt, add to butter mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in vanilla. Pour into greased and floured 10 in Bundt pan.
Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 40 minutes.


Potato Salad
Brigitte Barkley
2 ½ cups potatoes cooked and sliced
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vinegar
½ cup chopped purple onion
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp celery seed
¾ cup real mayonnaise
2 hard cooked eggs sliced

Boil potatoes with skins on, peel and slice while warm. Add vinegar and sugar and let set for a few minutes. Add remaining items and toss to blend. Chill and serve.



I make way more than the recipe call for, as many potatoes that will fix in my dutch oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment